Thursday, March 14, 2013

I AM


Thursday, March 14, 2013

Genesis 17:3-9 | Psalm 99 | John 8:51-59

I AM OR I?

“Jesus answered them: ‘I solemnly declare it: before Abraham came to be, I AM.’” - John 8:58

Jesus said He was I AM (see also John 8:28). I AM is the name of God (Exodus 3:14). Therefore, Jesus called Himself “God.” Those who believed Him worshipped Him and gave their lives to Him. Those who did not believe Jesus had no choice but to try to execute Him for blasphemy (John 8:59).

Today, many people, even Christians, don’t worship Jesus and love Him with all their hearts (Matthew 22:37). They don’t hate Jesus but they are lukewarm to His claims (Revelation 3:16). This attitude is clearly illogical for anyone who believes that Jesus is God.

Because Jesus is I AM, we should be all His. He is the meaning of life, Life Itself (John 14:6; Philippians 1:21). To give Jesus anything less than everything makes no sense. Jesus should be loved or hated, worshipped or ignored, obeyed completely or completely spurned. We should either tell the whole world about Jesus or try to rid the world of the lie and plague of Christianity.

Isn’t it time to settle with Jesus? Quit playing games with Him. Give your whole life to Him. Treat Him as God. That’s the only true way to relate to Him. Say with Thomas: “My Lord and my God!” (John 20:28)

Prayer: Jesus, may my relationship with You only make sense to those who believe You are the great I AM.

No comments: